I absolutely LOVE these Buttermilk Biscuits! I love them so much I’ve featured them in the banner for Cornfed Creations! They’re so light, flaky and delicious, who wouldn’t love these yummy Buttermilk Biscuits?! 🙂
I make these Buttermilk Biscuits quite often and double the batch. This recipe is pretty quick and easy. But, for those days when I don’t have the time to make a quick batch, I can pull some out of the freezer. And that’s another bonus! Buttermilk Biscuits freeze well too.
The steps are so simple… First of all, Preheat the oven to 450’F. Add the dry ingredients to a medium mixing bowl….
And then whisk together to combine well…
Add the butter and shortening and cut in using a pastry blender…
Add the buttermilk and stir together with a fork…
Finish mixing together with your hands, then form into a ball and knead a few times…
Roll out with a rolling pin, or pat out by hand until the dough is approximately 3/4″ and cut with a 2″ biscuit cutter. Make sure that you push the biscuit cutter straight down into the dough and pull it straight up from the dough when using the biscuit cutter.
Place on a greased baking sheet/pan. I usually use parchment paper on the baking pans. I find that it helps make clean-up a little easier.
Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until biscuits have risen and the tops are golden brown! Yummmo! 🙂 Best of all, Buttermilk Biscuits are wonderful cut in half and smothered in country sausage gravy, topped with jelly, jam or honey, or even by themselves! I’m betting your family will love them just as much as I do! Feel free to leave me a comment about this or other recipes! I’d love to hear from you! Have a great day! 🙂
Lisa - Cornfed Creations
Delicious and easy! Freeze well!
20 minPrep Time
12 minCook Time
32 minTotal Time
- In a large bowl, add flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar and salt. Gently whisk dry ingredients together.
- Using a pastry blender, cut butter and shortening into dry ingredients until mixture appears lumpy and course.
- Add buttermilk and mix until dry ingredients are just moistened.
- Turn dough onto a floured surface and knead 4-6 times.
- Pat or roll dough to ¾” thick. Cut with biscuit cutter and place on greased baking sheet.
- Place in preheated 450’ oven and bake for 10-12 minutes or until biscuit tops are golden brown.
- Remove from oven and brush with melted butter.
- Makes approximately 8-2” biscuits.