Originally posted 03/20/16
A cool spring morning with fresh-from-the-oven Cinnamon Buttermilk Biscuits with simple powdered sugar icing drizzled over the tops….What could be more enticing? This week’s featured recipe is not only yummy but simple to put together! For a little variation, add raisins or pecans or both to this almost dessert recipe! But Cinnamon Buttermilk Biscuits are so yummy that you don’t need to! I love to make these biscuits and sometimes double the batch to have extra (maybe…lol) to put a few in the freezer for later. When I do this, I freeze them in individual bags so that they’re quick to grab on the way out the door! Give em a try & please give me your feedback! I’d love to hear from you! Have a great week! Lisa
If you enjoy these recipes, be sure to check out my Cornfed Creations Cookbook that features over 100 different recipes for quick and easy meal fixin’s.
Lisa - Cornfed Creations
Delicious and time of day!
15 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- Preheat oven to 450'F and grease a large baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, add flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, sugar and salt. Gently whisk dry ingredients together.
- Using a pastry blender, cut butter and shortening into dry ingredients until mixture appears lumpy and course.
- Add buttermilk and mix until dry ingredients are just moistened.
- Turn dough onto a floured surface and knead 4-6 times. Pat or roll dough to ¾” thick. Cut with biscuit cutter and place on greased baking sheet.
- Place in oven and bake for 12-15 minutes or until biscuit tops are golden brown.
- Remove from oven and top with simple powdered sugar frosting.
- Makes approximately 8-2” biscuits.
- For simple powdered sugar frosting:
- Whisk 1 Tablespoon milk or cream with 2 to 3 cups of powdered sugar, depending on desired thickness. Drizzle over tops of warm biscuits. Enjoy!
2 thoughts on “Cinnamon Buttermilk Biscuits”