I’m so excited to share this week’s featured recipe with you all! Country Fried steak is one of my most favorite meals and is usually my requested meal for my birthday. So it stands to reason that I would have to figure out how to create my most favorite meal in my own kitchen. This week’s featured recipe is the result of my ‘figuring efforts’. The crispy, crunchy coating and the tender steak underneath is mouth watering and delicious! Although my picture shows my country fried steak served covered in white gravy, it’s also delicious with brown gravy as well! I hope you all enjoy this recipe as much as I have enjoyed creating this yummy dish! Oh…and spoiler alert! There is exciting new news on the cookbook page! Hope you all have an awesome week! Lisa
Lisa - Cornfed Creations
From scratch country fried steak! Mmmmm!!
10 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- In a medium bowl, mix together the crackers, flour, season salt, garlic powder and black pepper; set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk.
- Add oil to large skillet and heat until it sizzles.
- Meanwhile, dip steaks through egg mixture (both sides), one at a time, then coat both sides with cracker mixture. For a thicker crust, complete these steps twice.
- Add steaks to hot oil in skillet and fry on both side until juices run clear or meat temperature reaches 165’F.
- Remove from heat to a plate or pan with paper towels to drain excess grease.
- Top with favorite gravy and serve immediately.