I’m sure I’m not alone in that I absolutely LOVE crab rangoon! The crunchy outside and creamy, sweet, crab and onion mixture inside is so delicious! So, it’s only fitting that this week’s featured appetizer recipe is Creamy Crab Rangoon Eggrolls! These delicious little gems are pretty simple. And since they’re baked, clean-up is pretty easy, too!
To begin, let the cream cheese soften to room temp. Softening the cream cheese makes mixing together the filling much easier. Then, mix the cream cheese on high speed of an electric mixer (I use my hand mixer for this). This makes the filling light & fluffy!
To this, add milk and powdered sugar. Continue to mix, at a low speed until cream cheese, milk and powdered sugar are well combined.
Set aside when the cream cheese mixture is ready, because it’s time to chop the crab and mince the onion!
Complete this step either by hand or by using a food processor. When prepared by hand, the crab meat is coarse in texture (as shown in the picture). Crab meat prepared in the food processor is finely minced. The best method for you will depend on the texture you prefer.
If using green onions, be sure to slice them thin. If using a yellow or white onion, finely mince them.
Stir all the filling ingredients together briefly for Creamy Crab Rangoon Eggrolls. Now we’re ready to roll ’em up in the wrappers!
Drop about two tablespoons of Creamy Crab Rangoon Eggroll filling in the center of the egg roll wrapper.
Fold the corners across the center and dab a small amount of water to help them stick to each other.
Then, starting at the bottom, tightly roll the Creamy Crab Rangoon Eggroll up. Dab a small amount of water at the tip of the wrapper and continue to roll up.
Then place each egg roll on the prepared baking sheet. Bake at 375’F for approximately 20-25 minutes. Serve with your choice of sauce or by themselves! They are YUMMY!!!
You can fry Creamy Crab Rangoon Eggrolls, if you prefer. Heat oil in fryer or dutch oven to 350’F. Fry for 2-3 minutes or until egg rolls are golden brown. Transfer to a platter covered with paper towels to drain. Serve immediately.
Lisa - Cornfed Creations
Yields 20 Egg rolls
These yummy appetizers can be baked or fried!
30 minPrep Time
25 minCook Time
55 minTotal Time
- Preheat oven to 375’F and line a baking pan with parchment paper or grease well; set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add the cream cheese, powdered sugar and milk. Blend together well by hand or using a hand mixer; set aside.
- Finely chop crab meat (by hand or with food processor), add to cream cheese mixture along with the onions and salt; mix well.
- Place approximately 2 tablespoons of crab filling in the center of an egg roll wrapper. Fold corners to center, then fold bottom to center and roll away from you to create egg roll.
- Repeat for all wrappers Place all egg rolls on prepared baking pan, then brush tops with canola oil.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until egg roll wrappers are golden brown. Remove from oven and serve immediately.