Originally posted 02/22/16
This week’s featured recipe is flavorful and juicy! With a little bit of pre-planning (chicken has to marinate), Crispy Baked Parmesan Chicken is a yummy and fairly simple way to to serve your family a fresh, hot meal, right out of the oven. The french fried onions in the coating give this recipe a little extra zing! Paired with a family favorite veggie and a hot, baked potato or a delicious rice pilaf and you’re sure to have requests for seconds. Have a great week!!! Enjoy!!! Lisa
Crispy Baked Parmesan Chicken
Lisa - Cornfed Creations
Delicious and comforting!
6 hr, 20 Prep Time
45 minCook Time
7 hr, 5 Total Time
6 Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 C. Lemon-lime soda
1 T. Garlic & herb seasoning
2 t. Garlic & rosemary seasoning
½ t. Black pepper
¼ t. salt
1 ½ C. cornflakes, crushed
¼ C. French fried onions, crushed
½ C. Parmesan cheese, grated
½ t. black pepper
½ t. salt
6 T. butter
- In a seal-able container or plastic bag, combine lemon-lime soda, garlic & herb seasoning, garlic & rosemary seasoning, ½ t. black pepper and ¼ t. salt.
- Add chicken breasts to mixture and marinate for 4-6 hours.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 375’F. Grease 9”x13” pan and set aside.
- In a shallow container, combine cornflakes, French fried onions, Parmesan cheese, ½ t. black pepper and ½ t. salt.
- Remove chicken from marinade and coat entire breast in the cornflakes mixture, and place in prepared pan. Repeat until all chicken is coated and in the pan.
- Pour remaining cornflakes mixture evenly on top of chicken breasts and then pour a small amount of the marinade (approx. ½ cup) into the pan.
- Add one tablespoon of butter to the top of each chicken breast and bake for approximately 45 minutes or until juices run clear.
The chicken needs to marinate, so be sure to plan ahead.