Well, here we are, at the beginning of another new month in 2017! Hard to believe that January has already past! And, with that being said, it’s time to announce the theme for February here at Cornfed Creations! Decadent, delightful and delicious desserts is the theme for February. Honestly, I think of chocolate whenever I think of February. I’m not sure if it’s that heart shaped boxes of chocolates and candies are out in abundance this time of year or if I associate chocolate with love….hmmm….
Anyway, this week’s featured recipe is certainly chocolately and decadent! Double Chocolate Toffee Brownies are soooo yummmy!!!! But what’s even better is that they are just as easy to make! And who can resist chocolately, chewy brownies made from scratch!
Begin by melting the butter in a small saucepan. Then add the chocolate chips. Make sure to stir or whisk constantly until the chocolate just reaches the melted stage. Once that happens, remove from heat and pour into a mixing bowl to cool slightly.
Then stir in the sugar, brown sugar, vanilla and mayonnaise. Yes, mayonnaise! Adding this brings Double Chocolate Toffee Brownies to the next level of yumminess! Rich, chocolately, moist and delicious!
Mix together briefly on low speed of a mixer.
Then add the eggs, one at a time. Mix on low briefly between each egg to incorporate well.
Then, after this step, in a small mixing bowl, whisk the flour, cocoa and salt together. Gradually add flour mixture to chocolate mixture until all is incorporated.
After the flour mixture is incorporated, pour batter into a greased, 9″x 13″ pan.
Batter will be very thick. I use a scraper to help evenly spread brownie batter.
Once the batter for Double Chocolate Toffee Brownies is spread evenly in the pan, top with toffee bits.
Place pan in an oven preheated to 350’F for approximately 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the brownies comes out clean.
Allow Double Chocolate Toffee Brownies to cool on a wire rack (in the pan) before cutting into bars.
Lisa - Cornfed Creations
A chocolate lover's delight!
20 minPrep Time
50 minCook Time
1 hr, 10 Total Time
- Preheat oven to 350’F.
- Grease a 9”x 13” baking pan and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter and semi-sweet chocolate chips over low heat, stirring constantly. Once chocolate is melted, remove from heat and transfer to a mixing bowl. Set aside and allow mixture to cool slightly.
- In another mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa and salt; set aside. Once chocolate and butter mixture has cooled slightly, add the granulated sugar, brown sugar, vanilla and mayonnaise. Mix on low speed of stand or hand mixer until combined.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Gradually add flour mixture to chocolate mixture and mix on low speed until just combined.
- Pour into prepared pan and top with toffee bits.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool brownies on a wire rack completely before cutting into bars.
Double Chocolate Toffee Brownies are AMAZINGLY chocolately and decadent! I hope you and your family love them as much as I do! It would be great to hear your comments and suggestions on the recipes shared here! Have a great week! Lisa 🙂
If you enjoy these recipes, be sure to check out my Cornfed Creations Cookbook that features over 100 different recipes for quick and easy meal fixin’s.
2 thoughts on “Double Chocolate Toffee Brownies”