This week’s featured recipe is Festive Cranberry Salad! This delightful, tangy and refreshing salad was one like my Mom prepared during the holidays when I was growing up and it brings back so many warm memories of family dinners and special times! I’ve carried on that tradition with my children and now with my grandchildren, by making sure this memorable salad is on the table during our holiday meals! I’m excited to share it with you all and hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
Have a great week and Happy Thanksgiving! Lisa
Festive Cranberry Salad
Lisa - Cornfed Creations
A delicious addition to any holiday meal!
20 minPrep Time
20 minTotal Time
1 (6 oz.) pkg. cherry gelatin mix
3 c. boiling water
1 lb. cranberries
2 granny smith apples
2 c. granulated sugar
½ c. chopped pecans (optional)
- In a medium bowl, add the boiling water to the gelatin mix and stir to dissolve; set aside.
- In a food processor, finely chop cranberries, apples and oranges.
- Add chopped fruit to a large bowl or container.
- Mix sugar with fruit and add pecans, if desired.
- Pour cooled gelatin into fruit mixture and mix well.
- Refrigerate until set.