Originally posted 05/08/16
Happy Mother’s Day! Hope you all are having an awesome day with family and friends! This week’s featured recipe is Garlic Butter Turkey Breast and it is absolutely delicious! It’s a snap to prep and baking it slow, and in an oven bag, results in a tender and juicy main dish! If you happen to be lucky enough to have leftovers, it’s great on sandwiches the next day, too! This is definitely on the ‘do-over’ list at our house and I’m sure it will be at yours too! I’d love to hear from you! Leave me a comment or feel free to send an e-mail to let me know how this recipe works for you! Have an awesome week! Lisa
If you enjoy these recipes, be sure to check out my Cornfed Creations Cookbook that features over 100 different recipes for quick and easy meal fixin’s.
Lisa - Cornfed Creations
Juicy, tender & yummy!
20 minPrep Time
2 hr, 30 Cook Time
2 hr, 50 Total Time
- Preheat oven to 350’F.
- In poultry bag, add 1 T. flour and shake bag to coat interior. Place bag in 9”x13” baking pan and set aside.
- Rinse turkey, drain and pat dry with paper towels and place on a stable surface.
- Inside the breast cavity, coat with 1 teaspoon of the Canadian chicken seasoning.
- Place turkey (breast up) inside prepared bag. Melt butter in the microwave and add the minced garlic, cayenne pepper and paprika. Stir to mix well and then pour butter mixture evenly over the turkey breast. Sprinkle the remaining 1 teaspoon of Canadian chicken seasoning evenly over the top of the turkey breast.
- Close bag and cut 4-6 small holes in the top of the baking bag to release steam.
- Place turkey in the preheated oven and bake for 2-2 ½ hours or until internal temperature reaches 165-170’F using a meat thermometer.
- Remove from oven and let rest, inside the baking bag, for 15-20 prior to serving.