Hey everyone! Welcome to the new Cornfed Creations website! I’m really excited about the new format and the new features that will be added in the near future! Some of those new planned features will include a recipe box and a weekly calendar so that you can save your favorite recipes and plan your weekly menu. Also in the near future, I plan to offer my cookbook for sale online! This will make it much more available for anyone that might want to purchase one! Like I said, I have a lot of work yet to do, but I’m very happy to be able to introduce you to and begin sharing new recipes here at the new Cornfed Creations website!
This is the first new post for the new Cornfed Creations website! There is just something about a fresh, hot and steamy biscuit, right out of the oven! And when you add in the yummy, savory smell of garlic and the tangy taste of melty cheddar cheese??? MMMMMM Sooooo Yummy! That is exactly what this recipe is all about! Fresh, hot, garlic and cheddar buttermilk biscuits!
Seriously, these Garlic Cheddar Buttermilk Biscuits don’t require a whole lot of time from start to finish. And when they do come out of the oven all hot and fresh and the kitchen smells like a bakery shop with the yummy, mouthwatering smell of garlic wafting through the air of your kitchen,……Oh My!!! Then you know the small amount of effort to put these delightfully delicious biscuits together was absolutely worth every second!!!
I hope you and your family enjoy these yummy biscuits as much as me and my family do! I’d love to hear from you, so please feel free to leave me a comment about this recipe! Thanks and have a great day! Lisa
If you enjoy these recipes, be sure to check out my Cornfed Creations Cookbook that features over 100 different recipes for quick and easy meal fixin’s.
Lisa - Cornfed Creations
20 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
35 minTotal Time
- Preheat oven to 425'F. Grease baking sheet and set aside.
- In a large bowl, add flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, salt, granulated garlic, Italian seasoning and onion powder. Gently whisk dry ingredients together.
- Using a pastry blender, cut butter and shortening into dry ingredients until mixture appears lumpy and course.
- Stir in the cheddar cheese, then add buttermilk and mix until dry ingredients are just moistened.
- Turn dough onto a floured surface and knead 4-6 times.
- Pat or roll dough to ¾” thick.
- Cut with biscuit cutter and place on greased baking sheet.
- Place in preheated 425’ oven and bake for 12-15 minutes or until biscuit tops are golden brown. Remove from oven and brush with melted butter.
- Makes approximately 8-2” biscuits.
Besides greasing the baking sheet, I also like to use parchment paper when making these biscuits so they don't stick to the pan and it helps with clean-up too!