Hey everyone! Fall is creeping up on us here in the Midwest so fast! Farmers are in the fields harvesting the crops and temps are starting to become cooler, especially at night! I’ve been busy in the kitchen working on fall flavored goodies that I’ll be sharing with you soon! Hint, hint…..mmmmmm is that pumpkin I smell? But this week’s featured recipe will warm you up on a ‘chili’ fall evening!!! Hearty Cornfed Chili comes together in a snap and will delight your taste buds with the savory flavors. This chili is delicious the day you prepare it and re-heated the next day. I have even frozen this chili in individual servings to send with my husband for lunch at work! All in all, this chili is simple to prepare, delicious to eat and great to freeze for later! Hope you give it a try! And..be sure to drop me a line to let me know how it turned out for you! Have an awesome week! Lisa
Lisa - Cornfed Creations
Delicious, hearty & filling! Sure to warm you on a 'chili' night!
20 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
40 minTotal Time
- Sauté onion and bell pepper in canola oil in large Dutch oven or stock pot.
- Add ground meat and cook thoroughly until no longer pink. Chop meat into fine pieces while cooking.
- Stir chili powders and cumin into meat mixture.
- Add tomatoes, salsa, beans and vegetable juice to meat mixture and stir to mix.
- Stir over medium heat until chili starts to bubble, then remove from heat.
- Serve topped with shredded cheddar cheese, if desired.