Those who know me well, know that I love my coffee in the morning. But I’ll tell you what, this delicious, bright and refreshing Honey Lemon Iced Tea is an awesome way to start any morning!
Early last spring, I came down with a nasty respiratory infection that really took hold on me. The hubby encouraged me to drink ‘hot toddies’ consisting of hot tea, lemon and local honey. For awhile, this delicious and comforting drink soothed my sore throat and helped clear my sinuses. Truth be told, it also replaced my morning coffee!
Anyway, during this time, I decided that I really love the flavors of this tea! The fresh squeezed lemon juice and the local honey added so much zing! After a time, I began to make and pour it over a tall glass of ice. This quickly chilled my Honey Lemon Iced Tea. And I love ice cold drinks!! 🙂
Honey Lemon Iced Tea is such a treat and doesn’t take much time. Really, about the same amount of time as making a fresh cup of coffee! So Delicious, quick and easy! The freshly squeezed lemon juice and the delectable flavor of local honey give Honey Lemon Iced Tea a delicious flavor I think most of you will love as much as I do!
Simply add boiling water to your favorite brand of tea bag; then let it sit and brew for a few minutes. I like to dip the tea bag in and out of the water to brew it a little more quickly. Once the tea is brewed, remove the bag and add the honey and the lemon juice and stir to combine.
Next fill a tall glass with ice and pour the Honey Lemon Iced Tea over the ice and stir to chill the tea quickly, and easily.
Additional ice can be added, if you would like! I’ve written the recipe for one serving, but it’s easy to make it for more servings, if needed.
I hope you all enjoy! I’d love to get your feed back on this or any other recipe here at Cornfed Creations! So feel free to drop me a line or two! Have a great week! Lisa 🙂
Lisa - Cornfed Creations
Yields 1 serving
Fresh, bright & delicious!
10 minPrep Time
10 minTotal Time
- Place tea bag in a medium, heat resistant glass or jar. Add boiling water to tea bag and brew for 3-5 minutes. Pull tea bag from water, then re-submerge several times. When brewed, pull tea bag from water and press excess liquid from bag with a spoon; then discard tea bag.
- Add lemon juice and honey to brewed tea and stir to dissolve the honey and combine well.
- Fill a large glass full of ice.
- Pour honey lemon tea over ice and stir to distribute ice evenly and chill tea quickly.
- Serve immediately with a wedge of sliced lemon.
- Makes one, large serving.
If you love these recipes, check out my Cornfed Creations Cookbook ! It features over 100 different recipes for quick and easy meal fixin’s.
2 thoughts on “Honey Lemon Iced Tea”