I hope you all are enjoying this month’s featured dessert recipes! I know that I am enjoying sharing them with you! Desserts are a wonderful treat, and this week, while trying to decide which recipe I wanted to share, I was actually stuck on chocolate. Because, let’s face it, there are not many folks that don’t absolutely LOVE chocolate. And this is the month of love, right?
Well, I decided to go a different direction, after all. Even though chocolate is and always will be one of my most favorite flavors, this week’s dessert, Luscious lemon Blueberry Trifle, is a fresh lemony concoction with yummy blueberries bursting with bright, delectable flavors! So luscious and fresh, it may just give you a case of Spring Fever! 🙂
Not only is it deliciously luscious, it’s also easy to put together when you’re short on time!
Luscious Lemon Blueberry Trifle would make a great carry-in dish for a church social or family gathering. The fresh lemon and blueberry flavors are so inviting and definitely cure a sweet tooth. No need for chocolate this week! Luscious Lemon Blueberry Trifle will take care of your sweet cravings for sure!
Before you start to put this delicious dessert together, make sure to soften your cream cheese to room temperature. If the cream cheese is not softened enough, you may get lumps! And who wants lumpy cream cheese? Nope!
Beat the softened cream cheese until it’s light and fluffy. Then add all whipped topping (except one cup) to the cream cheese. Combine well, then and the vanilla pudding mix along with one cup of cold milk. Mix on low speed of a mixer until well combined and smooth.
Repeat above steps with the lemon pudding mix….
Once the cream cheese/pudding mixture is well combined and smooth, set aside…
Cut the pound cake in half horizontally…
Then cut the pound cake halves into small cubes; approximately 1″…
Now it’s time to layer Luscious Lemon Blueberry Trifle. Start with a single layer of cubed cake…
Add blueberries and cream cheese/pudding mixture….
Continue to repeat these layers until all of the cake cubes, blueberries and cream cheese/pudding mixture are gone. Lastly, top Luscious Lemon Blueberry Trifle with the remaining cup of whipped topping and garnish with a slice of fresh lemon and more blueberries! Lusciously delicious and satisfying! Please feel free to leave your comments about this or other recipes shared here! I’d love to hear from YOU! Have a great week! Lisa 🙂
Lisa - Cornfed Creations
A bright, refreshing and delicious dessert!
30 minPrep Time
30 minTotal Time
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese on low speed of hand mixer until fluffy. Add whipped topping to cream cheese, reserving one cup.
- Continue to mix, on low until cream cheese and whipped topping are well combined and smooth.
- Add the vanilla pudding mix and one cup of cold milk to cream cheese mixture. Continue to mix on low until mixed well.
- Repeat with lemon pudding and remaining cup cold milk and mix on low until well combined and smooth.
- Set cream cheese/pudding mixture aside.
- Slice the pound cake in half (horizontally), and then cut each half into approximately one inch cubes.
- Add a single layer of cubed cake to the bottom of trifle dish.
- Top first layer of cubed cake with one cup of blueberries; then add approximately one third of the cream cheese/pudding mixture, spreading to cover entire surface of cake.
- Repeat layers twice; then top with reserved cup of whipped topping.
- Garnish with a thin slice of lemon and the remaining ¼ cup blueberries. Serve immediately or chill.
If you enjoy these recipes, be sure to check out my Cornfed Creations Cookbook that features over 100 different recipes for quick and easy meal fixin’s.