Originally posted 02/01/15
Can you believe that it’s already February? Time just seems to fly by anymore! And the older I get, the more precious time becomes! That’s one of the reasons that I love sharing recipes that are quick, simple and delicious! The less time you have to spend in the kitchen, the more time you have to spend with your family and friends! This week’s featured recipe, Milkshake Brownies, is certainly a favorite here because what’s not to love about chocolate?! AND…This recipe doesn’t take much more time to put together than using a boxed brownie mix, but OH MY!!! is it worth the little bit of extra effort! These yummy, gooey, chocolaty squares of deliciousness are AAAAMMMMAAAzing!!! Indulgent and delicious, who doesn’t need a little chocolate in their life? Give em a try! I’m sure you’ll be glad that you did! Have a great week! Lisa
Lisa - Cornfed Creations
Ooey, gooey, chocolatey deliciousness!
20 minPrep Time
55 minCook Time
1 hr, 15 Total Time
- Preheat oven to 350’F.
- Grease a 9”x13” baking pan and set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa and salt; set aside.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter and one, 12 oz. package of semi-sweet chocolate chips, stirring constantly until chocolate is just melted.
- Remove from heat and transfer to a mixing bowl, allowing mixture to cool slightly.
- Add the granulated and brown sugars, vanilla and mayonnaise and mix well.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Gradually add flour mixture to chocolate mixture and stir until just combined. Stir in additional package of semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool brownies before frosting.
- For Frosting
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter until light and fluffy.
- Gradually add the powdered sugar and mix well between additions.
- Add the cocoa powder, vanilla and milk; mix well.