Originally posted 05/01/16
Hi everyone! Hope you all are enjoying the blessings of Spring! I have to admit that it’s one of my most favorite seasons (I love Fall, too!). There is just something comforting and refreshing in the country air this time of year! The delicious smell of yummy desserts baking has been happening here a lot lately too! This weeks featured recipe, Peanut Butter Cheesecake, is a delicious and satisfying dessert to top off any meal. Rich and creamy, this cheesecake is not only delicious, but it’s fairly simple to put together and your family will be asking for more! Give it a try! I’m sure you’ll be glad you did! Have an awesome week! Lisa
If you enjoy these recipes, be sure to check out my Cornfed Creations Cookbook that features over 100 different recipes for quick and easy meal fixin’s.
Lisa - Cornfed Creations
A decidedly decadent dessert!
30 minPrep Time
1 hr, 20 Cook Time
1 hr, 50 Total Time
- Preheat oven to 350’F. In a food processor, add cookie crumbs, 2 Tablespoons sugar and 6 Tablespoons butter. Pulse together until well combined.
- Pour cookie mixture into a greased 9” spring form pan, reserving ¼ cup, and pat down on bottom and partially up the sides of the pan; set aside.
- Heat peanut butter chips in a microwave proof bowl until just melted, being careful not to over-heat. In a large mixing bowl or bowl of a stand mixer, beat the cream cheese until light and fluffy. Add the sugar and beat well to incorporate. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition, then add the melted peanut butter chips, 2 tablespoons peanut butter and the vanilla. Beat mixture together until all ingredients are incorporated, making sure to scrape the bottom of the mixing bowl. Add sour cream and incorporate using low speed of the mixer.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 55-60 minutes.
- Turn oven off, but leave cheesecake in oven for an additional 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool completely, then cover and refrigerate at least four hours or overnight.
- Garnish with reserved cookie mixture and add whipped cream, chocolate sauce or chocolate shavings, if desired.