Hey ya’ll! Welcome to another chilly, and in some areas of the country, blustery week of January! As most of you probably know by now, I love to cook ‘from scratch’. However, I’m not opposed to using convenience foods, especially when time is limited. This week’s appetizer recipe is sure come in handy when you’re running short on time! Pepperoni Pizza Dippers are quick, easy and yummy!
Pepperoni Pizza Dippers are filled with pepperoni, of course, but also have a delicious cheesy goodness about them that comes from half of a spiral string cheese stick! This type of cheese melts beautifully wrapped up in the zesty pepperoni and flaky, buttery crescent rolls! MMMMMMmmmmm Yummy!
After removing the crescent roll dough from the can, simply roll them out on a clean work surface and then…
Cover the entire exposed surface of the crescent rolls with pepperoni.
Once each crescent roll surface is covered with pepperoni, add one half of a cheese stick to the widest part of the dough triangle and then wrap the Pepperoni Pizza Dippers as shown below….
Add a sheet of parchment paper to the baking sheet, to help with clean-up. Then add each rolled Pepperoni Pizza Dipper to the baking pan, making sure to evenly space each roll.
Meanwhile, melt the butter and stir in the granulated garlic. This step will not only add more flavor to the Pepperoni Pizza Dippers, but will also help to keep them from drying out too much while baking.
Carefully baste each Pepperoni Pizza Dipper with the melted garlic butter…
Then sprinkle each with a little bit of dried basil. This just adds to the delectable flavor of Pepperoni Pizza Dippers. Then place them in the oven and in 12 to 15 minutes, these quick, easy and absolutely delicious Pepperoni Pizza Dippers are ready to go! Just mix up the super simple marinara dipping sauce, and this appetizer is ready to serve to your hungry family, friends and guests! 🙂
I’d love to get your feedback on this, or other recipes I’ve shared here on Cornfed Creations! Please feel free to leave your recipe related comments! Have a great week! Lisa 🙂
Lisa - Cornfed Creations
Yields 16 rolls
Simple and delicious!
10 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
25 minTotal Time
- Preheat oven to 375’F.
- Add parchment paper to baking sheet and set aside.
- Using a chopping block, cut cheese sticks in half and set aside.
- On a clean work surface, unroll each can of crescent rolls (single can at a time). Beginning at the widest end of the triangle, cover surface of rolls with a single layer of pepperoni slices.
- Again, at the widest part of the triangle, add one half of a cheese stick. Then roll dough all the way to the end of the crescent roll.
- Place rolled pizza dipper on baking sheet, evenly spaced. Repeat with remaining triangles; set aside.
- Add the granulated garlic to melted butter and stir well to incorporate. With a basting brush, top each roll with garlic butter.
- Sprinkle a pinch of dried basil over each roll. Bake in preheated oven for 12-15 minutes, or until tops are golden brown and cheese is melted.
- For marinara dipping sauce, add spaghetti sauce and tomato paste to saucepan. Whisk together thoroughly until well blended. Heat through and serve with Pepperoni Pizza Dippers.