Running short on time and aren’t sure what to fix for dinner? Philly Cheese Style Ground Beef Sandwiches are just the ticket! These yummy, savory sandwiches topped with cheese can be pulled together in about 30 minutes! Check it out!
I have to tell you, my hubby just loves Philly Cheese Style Ground Beef Sandwiches. And since they’re so quick and easy to make, they are one of my ‘go-to’ recipes. Even on those days that I forget to set something out or didn’t make a plan for dinner that day. This recipe is a cinch, even when the ground beef is frozen. Start to finish is around 30 minutes. The microwave comes in handy here! lol:)
There are three, quick and easy steps to Philly Cheese Style Ground Beef Sandwiches. All of the steps use the same skillet! Yay! Keeping the dish count to a minimum is ALSO a plus!! At our house, my hubby and I have a deal ‘If I cook, he cleans the kitchen’. And he’s great help, for sure! (Psst…keep that a secret, would ya?) lol. But seriously, I do appreciate all of his help and am very thankful for him and all of his help!
But I digress….back to the recipe…
The first step is to saute the onion, bell pepper and garlic.
Add canola oil and a little butter to a skillet over medium heat. Then when the oil is hot and butter is melted, add the onion and bell pepper. Stir it around a bit and let it get happy!
When the onion begins to caramelize and the bell peppers begin to soften, add the minced garlic. Don’t add the garlic too soon or cook it too long, since it has a tendency to get a little bitter.
Once you’ve added the garlic and it’s cooked a few minutes, remove the mixture from heat and add it to a heat resistant container to keep warm.
Next, brown the ground beef and drain off any excess fat when done cooking. Add the ground beef to the onion and bell peppers and set aside. Next, add remaining butter to the skillet, and following the package instructions, make the gravy.
When the gravy is thickened, add the browned ground beef and onion/pepper mixture back to the skillet. Stir gently to coat all with gravy and heat mixture through, over medium heat, stirring gently.
And that’s it!
So quick! So tasty! Here’s the recipe for Philly Cheese Style Ground Beef Sandwiches!
I hope you all enjoy! I’d love to get your feed back on this or any other recipe here at Cornfed Creations! So feel free to drop me a line or two! Have a great week! Lisa 🙂
Lisa - Cornfed Creations
A quick and tasty choice for a busy day!
5 minPrep Time
25 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add canola oil and 1 tablespoon of the butter and cook until it sizzles.
- Add the onion, bell pepper and a pinch of salt and pepper to the hot butter; sauté until onion begins to caramelize.
- Add the minced garlic, stirring to combine.
- Continue to sauté briefly, then remove onion and bell pepper mixture from skillet to a container; set aside.
- Add ground beef to skillet and brown over medium heat.
- Sprinkle pepper and garlic powder over ground beef during cooking and stir to combine.
- When ground beef is browned, drain excess fat and add to container with onion and bell pepper mixture; set aside.
- In the same skillet, melt the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter and follow the package instructions for the brown gravy mix.
- When gravy is thickened, add the ground beef, onion and bell pepper back to the skillet. Stir to coat with gravy.
- Serve on toasted buns and top with cheese.
If you love these recipes, check out my Cornfed Creations Cookbook ! It features over 100 different recipes for quick and easy meal fixin’s.