Hey ya’ll! Welcome to this week’s featured dessert recipe, Pineapple Upside Down Cake! I just love how beautiful this cake turns out of the pan! But then again, how can you beat melted butter, brown sugar, pineapple dotted with cherries topping off a delicious and moist yellow cake?
Honestly, in my opinion, cake mixes are great and certainly come in handy at times. I know I’ve used them on occasion and am glad they are available. However, I love to create delicious food from scratch. And I also love sharing those ‘from scratch’ recipes with you! You just can’t beat a cake, or a meal, for that matter, when it’s made ‘from scratch’! This Pineapple Upside Down Cake recipe is no different. Delicious, home-made, from scratch with all the love and care that’s associated with ‘down-home’ cooking! But the next best thing about this recipe is that it’s really pretty simple! Read along with me now, as I take you through, step by step, how I created this beautiful and delicious Pineapple Upside Down Cake!
After preheating the oven to 350’F, grease, then line a 10″ round cake pan with parchment paper. Pour melted butter into pan, then sprinkle brown sugar over the entire surface.
Add pineapple slices, in a single layer, on top of the brown sugar and butter. Place a Maraschino cherry in the center of each pineapple slice; then set pan aside.
In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together softened butter and remaining brown sugar and granulated sugar.
Next, add eggs, one at a time. Make sure to mix well between each addition. Then add the pineapple juice, buttermilk and vanilla.
Gradually add flour mixture to batter until all ingredients are incorporated.
Next, pour or spoon batter into prepared pan. Make sure to spread batter evenly. Bake for approximately 45 minutes, or so. Check cake by inserting a toothpick near the center of the cake. If the toothpick comes out clean, then the cake is done! 🙂
Once the cake is done, invert onto a serving plate or platter. I used a 10″ round cardboard cake circle. Don’t worry if the top of the cake isn’t just perfect, since it will actually be the bottom of the cake when the Pineapple Upside Down Cake is complete!
See? Isn’t is beautiful? You can create a beautiful Pineapple Upside Down Cake, too! Here’s the recipe! 🙂 I’d love to hear your comments about this or other recipes shared here at Cornfed Creations!
If you enjoy these recipes, be sure to check out my Cornfed Creations Cookbook that features over 100 different recipes for quick and easy meal fixin’s.
Lisa - Cornfed Creations
20 minPrep Time
45 minCook Time
1 hr, 5 Total Time
- Preheat oven to 350’F. Grease and line a 10” round cake pan. Add ½ c. melted butter to the lined pan and sprinkle 2/3 c. brown sugar over the top of butter. Add pineapple slices in a single layer on top of the butter and brown sugar. Add a Maraschino cherry to the center of each pineapple slice; set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together 1/3 c. butter, ½ c. brown sugar and granulated sugar. To this mixture add the eggs, one at a time and beat well between additions. Then add pineapple juice and buttermilk and mix well.
- Gradually add flour mixture to sugar mixture until all combined. Pour or spoon batter over pineapple in prepared pan and spread evenly.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until a toothpick, inserted in the center, comes out clean. Place serving plate or cardboard circle on top of pan and invert. Remove pan slowly and allow cake to cool.