Originally posted 07/10/16
Okay…so I know that it’s really a hot time of year for baking, but…….it’s always a good time for an ooey, gooey, chocolaty, yummy brownie! And this recipe is MMMM HMMMM Amazing! I actually ended up making two batches of Rocky Road Brownies in as many days, just to tweak the recipe. And also because the first batch was gone before I hardly had enough time to take a couple of pictures! If you are craving chocolate or have a strong sweet tooth, this recipe is a definite winner! Give this Rocky Road Brownies recipe a try! I’m guessing that you and yours will love these brownies as much as we do! Have an AWESOME week! Lisa
If you enjoy these recipes, be sure to check out my Cornfed Creations Cookbook that features over 100 different recipes for quick and easy meal fixin’s.
Lisa - Cornfed Creations
Oooey Gooey Chocolately Yumminess!
20 minPrep Time
50 minCook Time
1 hr, 10 Total Time
- For brownies:
- Preheat oven to 350’F and grease a 9”x13” baking pan, set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, melt chocolate and butter over low heat, whisking to combine. Remove to a mixing bowl and add the sugar, whisking well, then add eggs, one at a time, mixing well between each addition. Whisk in the vanilla and mayonnaise; set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, salt and cocoa powder, then stir flour mixture into the sugar mixture, combining well. Fold in the chopped nuts, and then pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes.
- For topping:
- Add nuts and marshmallows to the top of the brownies, and return pan to the oven to melt the marshmallows (approximately 5 minutes).
- Meanwhile, in a medium sauce pan, on low heat, melt milk chocolate chips with butter, stirring to combine well. Once chocolate chips are melted and combined well with butter, remove from heat and set aside.
- Remove brownies from the oven and drizzle chocolate over the top of the marshmallows and nuts. Set aside and allow to cool.
- Cut into small bars.