Who couldn’t go for the occasional yummy sausage egg roll? Oh my! And, really, it doesn’t to take a lot of time to create them in your own kitchen from scratch!First of all, let me just start by saying, my husband and I, as well as the rest of our crew, all love Chinese cuisine. That being said, I have tried many different ways to create that unique taste in my own kitchen using the various spices and sauces that I have learned are used for Chinese cuisine. The recipe that I’m sharing this week is a relatively quick and easy way to create sausage eggs rolls for you and your family, too!
Especially note worthy, these yummy bites of golden deliciousness can either be fried OR baked! And they are so tasty that these sausage egg rolls are great with or without any type of sauce or dip!
Quick, simple, easy, delicious! Start by sauteing the onion and sausage. Be sure to break up and crumble the sausage into small pieces while it’s cooking.
Then its time to add the ZING for the flavor punch that comes inside the yummy sausage egg rolls! Just look at those delicious spices ready to bond together to give your mouth a taste explosion! Oops…got carried away….shall we continue?…..Let’s!
Once the sausage is no longer pink, then add the Cole slaw mix and the soy and teriyaki sauces. Stir all to combine and let these delicious ingredients get acquainted over medium heat…..
Once the Cole slaw is crisp/tender, remove from heat and place about 1/4 cup of sausage egg roll filling in the center of an egg roll wrapper. Then wrap as follows….
Dab water on the corners that touch in the center. This will help the two sides bond.
Next, roll up the sausage egg roll keeping the roll tight, but not tight enough to tear the wrapper.
Finally, seal the top flap of the sausage egg roll wrapper with a dab of water…..Then bake OR fry!!!!
To quote one of our sons, “These sausage egg rolls are AWESOME!!”
In conclusion for this post, I’d love to hear from you! So please feel free to leave your comments about these yummy sausage egg rolls soon! Have a great day! Lisa 🙂
Lisa - Cornfed Creations
Yields 20 Egg rolls
Crisp, golden brown & delicious!
30 minPrep Time
45 minCook Time
1 hr, 15 Total Time
- In a large skillet, heat oil and add diced onion. Sauté onion briefly, then add the bulk sausage. Chop and crumble sausage as it cooks and add granulated garlic, onion powder, pepper, ginger, coriander and turmeric. Stir well to combine spices. Cook until sausage is no longer pink.
- Stir Cole slaw mix into the cooked sausage and add soy and teriyaki sauces. Stir to combine well and then cover to cook the Cole slaw briefly until it is crisp-tender. Remove from heat and set aside.
- To make the egg rolls, lay an egg roll wrapper out with two corners pointing up and down and the adjacent corners pointing right and left. Add about ¼ cup of sausage filling to the center of an egg roll wrapper.
- Bring the left and right sides of the wrapper together in the center and dab a bit of water to corners. This will help the corners attach.
- Then fold the bottom up and over the attached center, tightly tucking the egg roll and roll to top adding a dab of water to the top corner in order to seal the egg roll. Repeat with remaining egg rolls.
- To bake egg rolls, preheat oven to 400’F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside. Place egg rolls evenly on the baking sheet. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until egg roll wrappers are golden brown.
- To fry egg rolls, add oil to a large Dutch oven and heat to 325-350’F. Place egg rolls carefully in hot grease and fry until they are golden brown. Remove from oil and drain before serving.