Originally posted 06/19/16
Can you believe that today is the first official day of Summer? Wow!! Where is the time going? With as busy as summer can be, this week’s featured recipe is easy to fit into a tight schedule to feed your hungry family in a hurry! If your family enjoys Chinese cuisine, then you’re going to love this version of Shrimp Fried Rice from scratch! With bit sized shrimp, delicious peas, and yummy rice, this one dish meal has achieved ‘do-over’ status at our house! I’m betting that’s what may happen at yours, too! Hope you enjoy and have an awesome first week of summer! PS…drop me a line to let me know your opinion! Lisa
If you enjoy these recipes, be sure to check out my Cornfed Creations Cookbook that features over 100 different recipes for quick and easy meal fixin’s.
Lisa - Cornfed Creations
A quick option on a busy day!
- In a medium saucepan, combine rice and chicken stock. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer until liquid is absorbed (approx. 15 minutes). Remove from heat, fluff rice with a fork then cover and set aside.
- In a large skillet or wok, melt butter and add canola oil. Add onions and sauté briefly then add the peas and minced garlic and heat through. Remove from skillet to a covered container to keep hot, set aside.
- Return the skillet to heat and add cooked rice, stirring to spread rice evenly over the bottom of the skillet. Add the ginger, turmeric, garlic powder, soy sauce and teriyaki sauce to the rice and stir to combine.
- Return the peas to the skillet, and then add the shrimp and scrambled eggs.
- Stir to combine and serve immediately.