Slow Cooker Corned Beef Reubens – Yummy sandwiches made with delicious slow cooked corned beef, layered with melted Swiss cheese, sour kraut and Thousand Island dressing. A quick and hearty meal that is ready is just minutes!
This week’s featured recipe is sure to get rave reviews from the family and the cook alike! So easy to put together after a busy day and so much easier on the budget than buying corned beef at a deli. Keep in mind that you need to plan ahead so that the corned beef can cook for 6-8 hours. But once that’s done, assembling the other yummy ingredients for these tasty sandwiches is a snap!
My hubby absolutely LOVES Reuben sandwiches and I love to make them for him. To be honest, the last time I checked at the deli for corned beef, the price was way more than I wanted to pay. So I walked away from the deli to check out the meat section. There I found packaged corned beef roasts available at 1/3 of the price of the deli cost. So I brought a roast home and came up with this recipe.
Letting a corned beef roast simmer in the slow cooker all day is the best way to infuse all that flavor and tenderness into the beef. So tender and delicious!!
Adding some cola before cooking just adds to the flavor and the tenderness of the corned beef roast. Once the roast is cooked and tender, remove from liquid, cut into small sections, then set aside.
To make Slow Cooker Corned Beef Reubens, begin by melting butter in a skillet or on a griddle. Add the rye bread to the hot skillet and toast on both sides. Once both sides of the bread are toasted, reduce heat to the skillet…
Then layer the ingredients, beginning with a slice of Swiss cheese. Top the cheese with approximately 4 oz. of the corned beef and 4 oz. of sour kraut.
Add approximately a tablespoon of Thousand Island dressing to the sour kraut. Top this with another slice of Swiss cheese and another piece of toasted rye bread. Cover briefly with skillet lid to get the cheese nice and melty. Flip the sandwich to the other side to prevent any over cooking, if necessary.
Slow Cooker Corned Beef Reubens are so easy and so delicious! The tender corned beef, tangy sour kraut, savory Swiss cheese paired with the Thousand Island dressing on buttery, toasted rye bread makes for an easy meal solution for a hungry family!
I’d love to hear your comments about this or other recipes here at Cornfed Creations! So please, feel free to leave your comments.
Lisa - Cornfed Creations
Yields 4 sandwiches
A speedy dinner solution using tender, slow cooked corned beef roast.
15 minPrep Time
8 hrCook Time
8 hr, 15 Total Time
- For Corned Beef Roast:
- In a large slow cooker, add corned beef roast and top with contents of spice pack.
- Add cola, pouring along sides of the roast so spices are not disturbed. Cover slow cooker and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until roast is tender and falls apart easily.
- Remove meat from slow cooker to drain; set aside.
- For Reubens:
- Add sour kraut to small sauce pan and heat through, remove from heat, cover, and set aside.
- Add 4 slices of the rye bread to melted butter and toast until both sides are golden brown; reduce heat.
- To four slices of toasted bread, layer a slice of Swiss cheese, about 4 oz. corned beef, 3-4 oz. sour kraut, about a tablespoon of Thousand Island dressing then an additional slice of Swiss cheese. Top each with a slice of toasted rye bread. Allow cheese to melt over low heat. Flip assembled Reubens to prevent overcooking bread, if necessary.
- Serve immediately. Makes 4 sandwiches.
If you enjoy these recipes, be sure to check out my Cornfed Creations Cookbook that features over 100 different recipes for quick and easy meal fixin’s.