If you’re looking for a one skillet meal that’s not only filling, but delicious AND is fairly quick and easy to create and serve to your hungry family…. This is the recipe you’ve been looking for. This yummy recipe is a meal all in it’s self! The combination of smoked sausage, yummy veggies and creamy, cheesy pasta is a delight to the taste buds! And Bonus!!!! It won’t cost you a lot of precious time! Put it together, serve it up to your hungry bunch and out the door with a few minutes to spare! Enjoy!
Smoked Sausage & Veggie Pasta
This one skillet meal is a quick, delicious option for those busy days!
15 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
1 lb. smoked sausage, halved & sliced
1 medium onion, diced
1 t minced garlic
4 oz. chopped fresh mushrooms
2 T butter
1 -16 oz. package frozen veggies (broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, etc.)
2 -14 oz. cans chicken broth or equivalent chicken base & water mixed
1 -16 oz. angel hair pasta
12 oz. fresh spinach
1/2 c cream or half & half
salt & pepper to taste
1/4 c Parmesan cheese, grated
- In a large skillet, sauté smoked sausage, onion, garlic and mushrooms in butter.
- Add broth and veggies. Bring to a boil. Continue to cook until veggies are crisp tender.
- Add angel hair pasta to broth and cook to desired tenderness. Broth should be absorbed into the pasta when pasta is finished.
- Add cream and stir in spinach.
- Serve topped with Parmesan cheese.