Speedy Steamed Cod & Veggie Packs are a quick, easy and delicious meal solution when you’re running short on time and need to feed a hungry family! If you’re looking for a meal that’s hearty, healthy and delicious that you can quickly put together and serve your hungry crew, look no further! I’m really excited to share this great recipe with you!
My husband was raised in Wisconsin, where his mom and grandma regularly prepared cod for meals. And let me tell you, he absolutely LOVES fish! I think I could prepare it seven days a week and he would be thrilled. To be honest, I can’t say the same for myself. When I was growing up, we did have fish now and again, but the only kind I cared to eat was the crunchy fish sticks from a box….
That being said, let’s just say that I’ve had to adapt. And through years of experimenting with different recipes and methods of cooking, I can say that I do now enjoy fish occasionally. Although I must say that crunchy fish sticks still hold a special place in my heart.
So without further ado….let me show you how to put this delicious and time saving recipe together!
First, make sure to preheat your oven to 425’F. That way it can be preheating while you’re mixing the marinade and putting the packs together.
It’s very convenient to add all of the marinade ingredients to a liquid measuring cup. Just combine the pineapple juice, soy sauce, canola oil, juice from one lemon and minced garlic in the liquid measuring cup. Stir this briefly, then set aside.
Coat a 16″-18″ sheet of heavy duty foil with cooking spray. Then place one fillet and asparagus in the center of the foil. Brush the fillet with prepared marinade. Then sprinkle fillet with salt and pepper.
Top fillet with bell pepper and onions. Then fold all four sides of the foil up and pour 1/4 of the remaining marinade over the fillet.
Finally, sprinkle veggies with salt and pepper. Then fold and seal the foil to create a pack.
Place on a baking sheet. Repeat with remaining three fillets. Place in preheated oven and bake. For frozen fillets, be sure to add extra time since they will take a little longer to bake (see recipe).
Before you know it, you’ll be serving this delicious, quick and easy meal to your family. Pair with a baked potato or rice pilaf and you’ve got yourself a well rounded and delicious meal your family is sure to want again!
I’d love to hear from you about these recipes! Please feel free to drop me a line or two! Thanks and have a GREAT day!! Lisa:)
Lisa - Cornfed Creations
Yields 4 servings
Super quick, easy & delicious!
10 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- Preheat oven to 425’F.
- In a liquid measuring cup, combine pineapple juice, soy sauce, canola oil, lemon juice and minced garlic; stir briefly and set aside.
- To make packets, using heavy duty foil, tear off 4 sections, approximately 16” in length.
- Coat each section with cooking spray.
- Place one cod fillet in the center of each prepared sheet of foil.
- Brush fillets with soy marinade and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Add approximately 4 oz. of asparagus to each foil pack.
- Then top each fillet with approximately ¼ of the sliced bell pepper and onion.
- Fold sides of foil up to create a 'bowl'.
- Pour ¼ of the marinade over the contents of each packet.
- Sprinkle veggies with salt and pepper.
- Fold and seal each packet well.
- Place on a baking sheet. Bake for approximately 20 minutes for fresh fillets; 35-40 minutes for frozen fillets. Internal temperature of cod should reach at leach 165’f.
If you're using frozen fillets, add additional baking time as noted in the recipe.
If you enjoy these recipes, be sure to check out my Cornfed Creations Cookbook that features over 100 different recipes for quick and easy meal fixin’s.